OAR provides a unique opportunity of Long-Term Fellowship.
To apply for a long-term OAR fellowship. Please send us the following documents:
- Research Proposal
Guidelines to write the Research Proposal and CV for OAR is can be found here.
- We do not look into your academic background, so academic excellence is not needed to be highlighted.
- Attending OAR Winter Research Workshop can increase the chance to get selected for long-term fellowship.
- We are looking for an open-minded curiosity driven project, hence, to be eligible to apply your proposal must be open to provide you a custom tailored academic career.
Application needs to be sent to email@example.com before 11th December 2019*.
*Deadline has been extended to 31st January 2020 for large interest.
Application deadline 30 Sep 2019
- What: Do you have questions about nature and curious about the way things are? Ask an interesting question, come up with a reasoning of yours and we will help you reach a solution. Join us with an open mindset.
- For whom: Higher secondary and undergraduate students.
- When: 27th December 2019 to 2nd January 2020.
- Where: Gorumara, Dooars, Jalpaiguri.
We seek curious students who can think out of the box, without any bias about your mother tongue, gender or educational background. A limited number of travel assistance will be considered on need cum merit basis. Participants will be provided resources for their projects, accommodation and meals.
Open Academic Research is a group of academic researchers from diverse backgrounds who practice science for living. The details about OAR mentors are available in the webpage and free thinkers are requested to check their research interests. Finding a mentor whose research interests align with your questions would be mutually beneficial.
- Step 1: Send us your question and short proposals. Pay online application fee of 150 INR.
- Step 2: You will be invited for the 2nd step . We want to know about your basic skills. Please don't be scared we ask simple questions which enable you to think.
- Step 3: Personal interview to discuss the project with your mentors. In this step, if we find your project is not truly yours the application could be rejected. We do not encourage pre-discussed projects with your teachers. However, if your mentor is convinced with the idea and sufficient explanation is given about the support/pre-discussion/collaboration, we may also consider your project. The main criteria is you should be fully open to us about the project.
- Step 4: Selected candidates pay the cost of workshop and accept the terms and conditions. Cost of the workshop: INR 5,500 (including food and accommodation). Financial assistance available if needed.
- Step 5: We email you the details of arrival and other necessary information about the workshop.